Welcome to the home stretch. One of the best ways to ease what tends to be the most uncomfortable part of your pregnancy is dressing in pieces that stylishly provide comfort and support. We broke down everything you need and more below to get you through the third trimester.
Where to Shop
- Wireless Bras: As your belly gets bigger, your bra will likely start to dig into your chest. Underwire bras make this extra uncomfortable, so try a supportive underwire-free bra. You can even begin wearing nursing bras whether or not you are planning on breastfeeding since they offer soft support.
- Stretchy Basics: Jersey maternity leggings and flattering t-shirts are a must during this time. You can wear them as is or dress them up easily with a jacket or sweater.
- Jumpsuits: This one-and-done piece is a favorite. It’s effortless and gives an instant style boost.
- Compression Socks: Sore, swollen legs and ankles are one of the most complained about side effects of the third trimester. These socks are a godsend in relieving swelling and pain. In recent years, brands have redesigned the once-taboo sock-style into minimalist options you wouldn’t mind being seen in.
- Supportive Belly Bands: If the weight of your belly is causing back pain or other aches, there are great bands you can wear to give you much-needed relief. Some clothing options already have a band conveniently built-in.
- Flowy Dresses: If you’re looking for a less-constricting option, this is it. You can feel put-together in an instant.
- Strappy Shoes: If your feet begin to swell they may not fit into your usual styles. A convenient strap will help accommodate you in the meantime. Same goes for lace-up sneakers.
- Shoes With Support: Gone are the days of clunky orthopedic shoes. Nowadays there are sleek styles that offer great support for a mama-to-be. 2 brands that have nailed this are Birkenstock and Vionic. They offer many styles with built-in comfort that your feet will thank you for. Best part is you can wear these straight into the postpartum phase.
- Nursing-Friendly Pieces: If you plan on breastfeeding, now is a great time to start shopping for, and breaking in, pieces you’ll wear once the baby is born. Think wrap dresses, button-downs, nursing bras, and more.
Tips and Hacks
- Breathable Fabrics: Cotton and linen materials are going to provide you with nice airflow, plus they make for easy laundry.
- Limit Maternity-Specific Purchases: Before you know it, your baby will be here so it’s best to focus on shopping for pieces that can last you beyond pregnancy.
- Try a Bra Extender: Get use out of your pre-pregnancy bras with the help of a bra extender.
Do you have any style hacks that are getting you through your third trimester? Share with the Perelel community by following us on social or by subscribing to our newsletter.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and we recommend that you always consult with your healthcare provider. To the extent that this article features the advice of physicians or medical practitioners, the views expressed are the views of the cited expert and do not necessarily represent the views of Perelel.