In truth, the first trimester can be rough. Bouts of morning sickness and nausea can often make the first weeks of your pregnancy feel like a rollercoaster ride. To help cope, try adding stomach-settling foods to your diet, such as ginger and foods rich in vitamin B6, like pork, poultry, potatoes, seeds and nuts.
To help with your meal prep, we tapped holistic nutritionist and health coach, Kelly LeVeque of Be Well by Kelly, to share an anti-nausea recipe you can easily add to your grocery list.
The Recipe: Creamy Cashew Ginger Carrot Soup
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1lb pound carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp salt
- Avocado Oil
- Wholefoods' Organic Tagine Seasoning (or add a 1 tbsp of Paprika and a ½ tsp of the following: Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, Chili Pepper, Black Pepper & Cardamom)
- Set a 4-quart stock pot over medium-high heat and add ghee, ginger, garlic and carrots, stirring occasionally until the carrots are coated and garlic and ginger are fragrant, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add ½ cup raw cashews, blend for 4 min on high.
- Add additional stock if you want a thinner consistency.
- To serve, garnish with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil per serving and a sprinkling of Tagine seasoning
Did you try this recipe? Tell us what you thought by joining the Perelel community on social or by subscribing to our newsletter.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and we recommend that you always consult with your healthcare provider. To the extent that this article features the advice of physicians or medical practitioners, the views expressed are the views of the cited expert and do not necessarily represent the views of Perelel.